Question:
What is Neem Oil Pesticides?
Sanjay S
2007-05-11 02:22:44 UTC
Organic Farming
Six answers:
2007-05-11 03:47:07 UTC
neem seed kernel is rich in oil. This oil contains components like Azadiractin and other molecules which have different kind of deleterious effects on insects, certain fungi and also nematodes.

neem pesticides are being manufactured by many companies in different concentrations and sold in different brand names across the world.

In addition to neem Pongamia oil based pesticides are also available in the market.

Further, oil cakes of these two tree species are also used very widely as organic manure as well to manage soil-borne insects, fungi and nematodes.
2016-04-01 10:23:18 UTC
I was going to say any garden center will have them. But if you want delivery, I'd go online. And "Neem" isn't a brand, but an ingredient. There are about eleventy-million different products with Neem oil in them. And often, the label is different, but the product on the inside is exactly the same. For instance, Bonide markets it as BoNeem insecticidal soap, Rose care 3-in-1, Vegetable 3-in-1, and I think at least one other. Same stuff inside. So it's not so much what it's called - just that it's a product with Neem oil. Google Neem oil products, and you shoulld find a host of retailers offering a myriad of manufacturers, and ones who will ship to you.
SK
2007-05-11 02:30:07 UTC
Neem Oil is the key product of the Neem Tree, Azadirachta indica. A. Juss berries. It is widely used as a potent and natural insecticide and pesticide in organic farming.
2007-05-11 04:14:36 UTC
Neem oil is a botanical pesticide made from an extract of the plant Azadirachta indica. Since it doesn't strongly affect humans, mammals, or beneficial bugs, farmers use neem oil as an insecticide and miticide to keep away pests like aphids and white flies. Neem oil even protects crops from fungal infections such as mildew and rust. People use insecticide with neem oil to repel mosquitoes and lice.

The plant that gives us neem oil originates in Southeast Asia. People from India have long noted the benefits of crushing the leaves and stems against their skin to keep off biting insects like gnats & mosquitoes. A wider industrial and commercial use was found for the potent oil by grinding the seeds of the neem plant. When the oil is distilled from seeds, its concentrated mixture contains high amounts of the active chemical azadirachtin.

Azadirachtin-rich neem oil gets sprayed on crops as an organic substitute for other harsher insecticides that might be carcinogenic or have limited uses. Neem oil repels harmful insects like white flies (not in India), gnats, aphids, mites, and weevils, as well as strengthening the crops against rust, scab, mildew, and blight. Edible crops of vegetables do not get poisoned when neem oil is used.

Neem oil makes the plants it touches taste bitter, so pests won't eat them, as a "contact" insecticide. Azadirachtin also interrupts insects' transitions between different stages of metamorphosis, such as growing from larvae to pupae. It prevents insects from developing a hardened exoskeleton. When the chemical gets absorbed through the roots of crops, it functions as a "systemic insecticide." That means crops don't need to be constantly re-sprayed.
t_nguyen62791
2007-05-11 17:20:55 UTC
A pesticide and that is all we need to know. We shouldn't use pesticides no matter how good they seem, we can use fertilizers but pesticides are different, they are much more harmful. I think we should go out and get rid of the pests ourselves wearing gloves and protective clothes.
Michael N
2007-05-11 18:29:34 UTC
APPLICATIONS OF NEEM OIL IN DIFFERENT FIELDS:

Ozoneem oil a high quality herbal product finding large uses such as: Protective Emollient / Skin Care, Anti-hyperglycemic, Antiseptic / Wound Dressing, Anti Diabetes, Contraceptive, Veterinary Care & Agriculture also.

Medicinal Uses:

Opthalmic Care: Application of anjan (Kohl) made by burning neem oil and collecting the fumes improves week eyesight (applied every night for month)

Ear Infection: Application of 2 drops of oil daily in ears cures otomycosis (fungus)

Nose Infection: Putting few drops of oil into each nostril cures even chronic sinusitis.

Hair Care: Neem oil rubbed in hair controls head lice

Respiratory disorders: 5-10 drops of neem oil given with 2 table sp. of sugar daily for 15 days cures tropical eosinophilia.

Leprosy: 10 drops of neem oil & 1 teasp. of sugar taken twice a day treats it.

Leucoderma: 10 drops of No & 1 teasp. of sugar taken twice a day.

Smallpox, Chicken pox, measles: Application of neem oil an effected body parts

Sexually transmitted infections: Local application of neem oil on syphilitic sores during primary stage of infection.

Fertility Regulating Agent: Cotton soaked in neem oil & kept in vagina 15 min before intercourse hampers the movement of sperms / kills them.

Mosquito Repellent:

2% neem oil & coconut oil applied to exposed body parts provide complete protection for 12 hrs.

Kerosine lamps containing 1% neem oil, lighted in rooms reduce mosquito biting activity & mosquitoes resting on walls.

Veterinary Care:

It promises to posses healing of wounds biocidal and repellent properties in many animal species.

It is highly effective in louse infestation without resistance in animals like sheep, goats, and camelids and thus results in high fiber production.