Question:
do you need a license to fly a crop duster?
telemex72
2007-05-09 21:36:29 UTC
i love agriculture and flying - i think it would be cool to have that job but i dont have a pilots license...
Sixteen answers:
just thinking
2007-05-10 09:24:51 UTC
yes, you need a pilots license plus more training in crop dusting.Crop dusting is one of the most dangerous types of flying.It's very close to the ground without room for error ,plus many insurance companies won't insure you without special type ratings and have flown many hours in ag planes.
Fauna
2007-05-11 22:37:45 UTC
Yes and it is very cool to fly that way. I went up with a friend right after I soloed, but not in a crop duster, he was one of the best. It is seasonal work but the pay is considered good. Start taking flying lessons.
Skyye B
2007-05-10 22:14:48 UTC
Yea very cool,But yes you do need a pilots license and training to be a crop duster.
joysam 【ツ】
2007-05-10 07:41:34 UTC
Yes you need license even to fly a crop duster
2007-05-13 03:05:38 UTC
Any business or job that involve working with chemicals required everyone working with chemicals to acquire a license. The license prove that you know how to handle chemical in certain way.

And yes, you will need a pilot license which too, will prove that you know how to drive a plane!
2007-05-10 12:45:03 UTC
A pilots license.
mike453683
2007-05-11 13:09:12 UTC
Aside from your piolots licence, almost all states require a permit for pesticides and not knowing, my guess is that the FAA has required endorsments because of the need to fly low and close to populated areas. Special aircraft and equipment is obviously needed and requires maintenance and calibration. And, do you really want to put poisons on the planet like that. It is not a sound practice and not used as much anymore for all the obvious reasons.
2007-05-11 21:10:47 UTC
This depends on what Nation you are living in . . .

We do use Crop Dusters here in the states.

I'm sure you make a tidy income! :)
teana
2007-05-11 17:59:17 UTC
You need a license for both but go for it!!!!
answerchef
2007-05-10 11:55:13 UTC
you need the appropriate licences and certifications to pilot any air vehicle, as with most motorized transport.
tanker015
2007-05-13 01:50:53 UTC
yes becuse that person would need to have training in the planes you would use so you would not get hurt
Anna S
2007-05-10 11:52:12 UTC
I would certainly hope so. And I would hope that you would need training with dealing with chemicals etc.
Kerri L
2007-05-10 22:36:23 UTC
you have to have a pilot's license! :)
mk_freak90
2007-05-11 02:28:42 UTC
I don't think so... if you can drive a lawn tractor like me then you shoud be able to!
2007-05-11 22:03:52 UTC
yes u do
2007-05-10 12:54:06 UTC
YES OF COURSE YOU DO